5744P does not work after reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5744P does not work after reset

普润许
Contributor I

I was having a problem testing when using the 5744P development product when running

MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x00005AF0; /* Mode & Key */
MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x0000A50F; /* Mode & Key inverted */

After reset, the MCU will not run, and the RESET pin will remain in the low state. About a tenth of the board currently has this problem.
   The power chip we use is the FS6500, the software is written and booted by the BootLoader, and the reset command is triggered by the external DI input.
   Later, we found that there are two ways to eliminate this problem. One is to replace the MCU, and the other is to plug in the P&E (still booting through the BootLoader, not using the S32DS debug).
   At present, it is suspected that the cause of the fault may be related to the 3.3v power supply of the reset circuit or the chip, but there is still no specific reason for confirming the problem.

I hope you can provide some ideas or solutions.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This is quite strange as mode transition to functional reset is not starting power up sequence, so therefore I would not suspect the power supply.

But as it runs with debugger correctly, I expect this to be issue of SW.

I would like to ask some questions:

1. Is the failing SW running correctly in NXP evaluation board?

2. Do you see this issue on micro with no SW (just simple mode transition)

3. Do you see this issue when you put failing micro into NXP Evaluation board?

4. Could you share the waveform of reset, VDD_HV and LV when the mode transition to reset is called?

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos