cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDI2000 failed to read/write empty flash on MPC8347e

Spark
Contributor I
Hi All
Before erasing the first sector of the flash, the BDI2000 can write/read the flash. But after that, BDI will reset the the target board (8347) automatically again and again:
*** TARGET: processing target startup failed
# PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
- TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec
So I tried to add a RCW command in the config file of the BDI, then the restart issue was resolved, but the flash can't be write and read now.
# SAP: read access failed

I can use my usbtap/codewarrior to program this empty flash sucessfully,  can anyone please help?

MPC8347e 667/333MHZ / 128MB flash (SPANSION S29GL01GP) / 256MB DDR2 533MHZ, attach is my configuration file.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hw_engineer
Contributor I

hi,

i just had a short look at your config file.

I think you have to check your ChipSelect and LAWBAR settings.

You defined two different Base Addresses for flash access:

M32    0xe0000020      0xe0000000      ;LBLAWBAR0 : Flash
WM32    0xe0005000      0xF8000801      ;BR0 : Flash

Maybe thats the point.

0 Kudos

Spark
Contributor I
Hi
Thanks for your reply, I will check the configuration file with your suggestion. And I wonder that why the rcwhr and rcwlr register still be 0x00000000 even if I added the RCW line in the BDI2000 configuration file try to override it (at this point, the CFG_RESET_SOURCE[0:2] I set is 000). Do you have any idea with this problem? Is it possibly caused by the same issue you mentioned about the base addresses for the flash access?

When I pull high the CFG_RESET_SOURCE be 111, the empty flash can be read/write with the BDI, the rcwlr and rcwhr is not 0x00000000 anymore but still not the value I specified in the configuration file.
0 Kudos

oded_asulin
Contributor I

Hi ,

Please check if the frequencies you have design for are as expected (the DDR clock and LCK0).i.e. measure then with scope.

I had the same issue because of bad clocking routing in the PCB of the input clock.

0 Kudos

nicklee
Contributor I

HI Spark ,

seems I meet same problem in 8349DEMO board today, I erase all the content begining from 0xfe00_0000, and when I try to program the u-boot.bin into the falsh, some error, and I reset the target, after that, the BDI2000 can not take over the target anymore, same error information as you describe. the key point is when target reboot again, no HW config word can be read if we choose Flash Sorce of HW WORD. so , you need program the HWCF_agent firstly to the flash by using the HWCF on target (by reset the SW4.8 FCFG), in this condition, HW word is reading from target, and then, the BDI2000 can work normally, and , you can program the u-boot.bin again. I solve this problem by this way .

Hope this message is not too late to your problem.

B.R

Nick Lee

0 Kudos