cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Speaker

Jump to solution
Justin85
Contributor I
Using iMX31 MAX PDK WinCE, with iMX31 WinCE 6.0 SDK. Without any modification on the origin WinCE source code, I'm having problem on enabling speaker.
For some reason the speaker on board isn't working, but headset is working fine by plugging in to Audio/Video jack.

I don't see any speaker configuration on winCE itself. Is there any settings has to be done or drivers to install to trigger the speaker on?
Please help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Justin85
Contributor I
Solution:
The output audio device can be selected in the registry of the i.MX31 PDK Windows CE 6.0 BSP. For more information, please refer to the Section 4.4.6.2 "Optional Audio Driver Runtime Configuration Registry Settings" of the "i.MX31 PDK Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Reference Manual" (pdk13_imx31_WinECE60_RefManual.pdf) document, included in the BSP documentation bundle.
Also, please refer to the PMIC_AUDIO_OUTPUT_PORT enum definition, that can be found in the
%WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\FREESCALE\PMIC\INC\pmic_audio.h file. So, for the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Audio\PMIC\Config\Playback] key, please try to use various PMIC_AUDIO_OUTPUT_PORT enum values. In particular, please try to use the value of 0x100 for "LeftChannel" and 0x200 for "RightChannel" instead of current 0x40 and 0x80.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Justin85
Contributor I
Solution:
The output audio device can be selected in the registry of the i.MX31 PDK Windows CE 6.0 BSP. For more information, please refer to the Section 4.4.6.2 "Optional Audio Driver Runtime Configuration Registry Settings" of the "i.MX31 PDK Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Reference Manual" (pdk13_imx31_WinECE60_RefManual.pdf) document, included in the BSP documentation bundle.
Also, please refer to the PMIC_AUDIO_OUTPUT_PORT enum definition, that can be found in the
%WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\FREESCALE\PMIC\INC\pmic_audio.h file. So, for the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Audio\PMIC\Config\Playback] key, please try to use various PMIC_AUDIO_OUTPUT_PORT enum values. In particular, please try to use the value of 0x100 for "LeftChannel" and 0x200 for "RightChannel" instead of current 0x40 and 0x80.
0 Kudos