Contributor I
Me

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear brisk richard,

Hope you are doing great, as far as I understand you want to detect the tag but not launch the discovery loop ? in this case I do not see this feasible since the tag is a passive element  it will require that the PN7150 sends a REQA after a POR the tag will be in IDLE state waiting for a reader to send a REQ A ( in case of ISO 14443 type A tags) if you are using other kind of technology like an iso 15693 the tag will be waiting for an inventory command. so in order to send this commands you need to start the discovery loop. since this reader does not have a DPC. if I am getting this wrong please let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

richard_brisk
Contributor I

Ivan and/or Jonathan,

There is still one thing I do not know how to implement. That is the interrupt upon detection.

With your help, I am now able to have the Host’s FW configure the OM5578 so it develops a 4ms burst of RF followed by a long Listening time every 500ms. But, I have to hog the Host uP’s resources looking to a “Tag Present” indication.

I would much rather have the Host to go into an idle mode waiting for the OM to assert its interrupt line when it sees a “Tag Present” indication. I do not see how to do that, however, first because I do not know the setup commands I need to send the OM. And, second because the interrupt line out of the OM is at +1Volt with the 4ms 3Volt signal on it due to the RF.

How can I implement the interrupt on “Tag Present” mode, which is outlined in the User Manual and other NXP documents I have read?

Richard Brisk

Medtronic, Inc.

12 Gill Street

Woburn, MA 01801

This message has been marked as Medtronic Controlled

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear brisk richard,

as explained in the internal case, this IRQ is defined to notiify the DH of NCI response/notification to be read on I2C, this cannot be configured in other way, so this is always triggered so the MCU check the I2C, this is more for NCI response not for a detected card .  hope this helps your question if you have more questions please let us know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

richard_brisk
Contributor I

OK.

Tks,

Richard Brisk

Medtronic, Inc.

12 Gill Street

Woburn, MA 01801