How to boot the LPCxpresso54628 board with linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boot the LPCxpresso54628 board with linux

setikala
Contributor I

Hi I am working on LPCxpresso54628 board. I require Linux for my project. I would like to know how to install Linux or boot this board.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi y Spandana Etikala,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
The LPC54628 is incapable of running the Linux, it's MCU, not the CPU.
Maybe you can consider using the LPC54628 work with RTOS, like the FreeRTOS, RT-thread, etc.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

setikala
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. I see there is a arm cortex m4 processor on the board so is it possible to load smaller version of linux such as uclinux which is especially used for embedded systems. If so is there any documentation to do that? 

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

µC Linux is a commercial package from emcraft, we as NXP don't do any development on that.

emcraft has versions available for other LPC microcontrollers, but cthe LPC54628 is currently not listed as a supported device.

Linux and System-On-Modules: i.MX RT1050, STM32F7, SmartFusion2, i.MX 8M, i.MX 6ULL, i.MX 6SoloX 

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos