g2d library access in yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g2d library access in yocto

dan_searles
Contributor I

How do I get g2d (g2d-dpu) library to be accessible in my yocto build?

I'm starting with a recipe that builds a basic gstreamer app that works fine, but I need access to g2d API next.

My DEPENDS line is:

DEPENDS = "glib-2.0 gstreamer1.0 g2d-dpu"

But this just gives:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'g2d-dpu' (but /projects/imx-yocto-bsp-4-14-78/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-app_1.0.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: Required build target 'gstreamer1.0-app' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['gstreamer1.0-app', 'g2d-dpu']

0 Kudos
4 Replies

dan_searles
Contributor I

By the way, note that the library does exist on the NXP dev kit:

> ls -ls | grep g2d

44 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43504 Nov 28 2018 libg2d-dpu.so
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Nov 28 2018 libg2d.so.1.1 -> libg2d-dpu.so

and there are g2d 'test' programs in /opt/g2d_samples:

12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10240 Nov 28 2018 g2d_multiblit_test
5564 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5695704 Nov 28 2018 g2d_overlay_test
36 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34912 Nov 28 2018 g2d_test

Does anyone know where the recipe that builds the test programs is?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dan,

There are two ways to see the g2d test source,

1. If you have the vivante license to have vivante gpu source code,  you can see the code in gpu-viv(5)/fsl_drv/g2d, there are scripts to build the g2d_test and g2d_overlay_test.

2. If you don't have the license to have vivante gpu source code,  the g2d_test and g2d_overlay_test have been integrated into new demo framework. It is the C++ framework, but g2d_test and g2d_overlay_test keeps the same as in driver,  they just have C++ wrap.  The code is in /your yocto directory build director something like

/yocto-ga-wayland/build-wayland/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-gpu-sdk/2.2.1-r0/fsl-gpu-sdk-2.2.1/DemoApps/G2D

There are detailed instruction to build these apps stand alone in yocto-ga-wayland/build-wayland/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-gpu-sdk/2.2.1-r0/fsl-gpu-sdk-2.2.1/Doc/Setup_guide_yocto.txt

Regards

0 Kudos

dan_searles
Contributor I

Yes, I've seen that information about seeing the code. The question however is more about where the recipe is. And the initial question about how to reference the g2d library from within a recipe is still open.

0 Kudos

radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi Dan Searles,

We have replied to the thread that is open about how to reference g2d lib - this link. Regarding to your query about where is the recipe, you can find the recipe for imx g2d inside meta-freescale layer. Path : yocto_sumo/source/meta-freescale/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-g2d/.

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya

0 Kudos