cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Ftfx_flash_driver documentation garbled and unusable

scottm
Senior Contributor II

pastedImage_1.png

According to this, programming erases the flexnvm contents (even though there's no flexnvm on this device) and reading programs data.  Protection swaps the lower half of flash with the higher flash.

There's no overview.  There's no description of the configuration structure.  There's no discussion of the sequence in which these functions are to be used.  It's not much worse than most of the drivers, but this driver's setup is a lot more complex.

This is really the only driver from the whole SDK that I particularly care about, aside from the USB stack.  The others are either simple enough to be skipped or don't fit my requirements and I already have my own preferred code.  I'll make this work, but it'd be really nice to know, for example, how much RAM it's going to use for its execute-from-RAM option, where it gets that RAM, and how it interacts with the rest of the system - is it disabling interrupts, for example?  There's apparently no way to tell without reading through the code myself.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi SCOTT MILLER,

The document won't list all the flash driver according configuration.

So, I think you can read the source code, it is the very useful method.

About the configuration structure, you can check the SDK flash code, take FRDM-K64 as an example:

SDK_2.5.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\flash\pflash\iar

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

About the RAM, normally copy the launch command to the RAM:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

About the interrupt, in your practical usage, before you launch the command, please disable the interrupt, after the command finished, you can enable the interrupt again.

Wish it helps you!.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos