Debugger stops code execution after download incorrectly @ _EntryPoint() function (MC56F84789, CW 11.0.1)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger stops code execution after download incorrectly @ _EntryPoint() function (MC56F84789, CW 11.0.1)

jolantamienkino
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using MC56F84789, CW 11.0.1 and trying to download An4759sw. 

Whenever "Always mass erase on download" checkbox is set:  

pastedImage_1.png

After download, code execution stops @  user specified "void main(void)" function which is expected. Debugger options configured as follows: 

pastedImage_6.png

However when "Always mass erase on download" checkbox is cleared then after download, code execution stops @ _EntryPoint() as shown below: 

pastedImage_2.png

Can someone please explain why if debugger options were the same in both cases? 

Thanks,

Martin.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jolanta,

If you check the "Always mass erase on download" box and check the "User specified->Fmain", the debugger works as you expected.

If you UNCHECK the "Always mass erase on download" box and check the "User specified->Fmain", the debugger selects "Wait for device to power up at connect" I think, in the case, the scenario is you will power-down and power-up, in the case, it does not matter whether the PC points to _EntryPoint() which is the first instruction your DSC executes or Fmain() which is the first instruction the User code is executed.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos

jolantamienkino
Contributor II

Hi Rong,

thanks for your response.

You said:

==

If you UNCHECK the "Always mass erase on download" box and check the "User specified->Fmain", the debugger selects "Wait for device to power up at connect"

==

Why debugger would select "Wait for device to power up at connect" if respective check box is not selected?

Can you please try downloading of any code, for example An4759sw, using these two options and let me know?

1/ Using this option debugger stops @ main.

pastedImage_1.png

2/ Using this option debugger stops @ _EntryPoint().

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks for your support,

Jolanta.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jolanta,

I have tried to download code with unchecking both  "Always mass erase on download" box and "Wait for device to power up at connect" box,select  the "User specified->Fmain" , the PC pointer always stays to Fmain instead of entry_point.

I use  - CodeWarrior for MCU
     Version: 11.0
     Build Id:170926

It maybe has the other reason.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos