cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 : rom bootloader

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

I can see K82 support flashing via Bootloader by using I2C0 and I2C1  interfaces.

By using BCA I can disable all other interfaces and leave I2Cx only.

Does Bootloader lock other I2C interface if one is active already ?

At beginning both I2c are active, after that first I2C what receive any byte is assigned to be used and other one is locked until next reboot. Or both can be used to receive atomic flash commands.

Is any way to enable only one I2C interface in Bootloader ?

From documentation is not so clear what is BootPin for K82, PTA4  (J8) ?

Regards,

Yevgen

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eugenen Hiihtaja,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

1. Does Bootloader lock other I2C interface if one is active already ?

No, if you enable I2C0 and I2C1, both these two I2C interface can be used as the bootloader interface.

pastedImage_2.png

So, actually, you can control it with your external I2C which used to download code to the K82.

2. Is any way to enable only one I2C interface in Bootloader ?

You can just use one I2C interface in the hardware, and just use that interface as the I2C ROM bootloader interface, and send the I2C rom bootloader code via this interface.

Not all the I2C command can be used as the i2c rom bootloader, more details, please check the K82 reference manual, chapter 8.4.1 I2C Peripheral.

3. From documentation is not so clear what is BootPin for K82, PTA4  (J8) ?

Please check the following FOPT configuration, this configuration deterined your bootPin, bit 1 =0, then use the NMI PTA4 as the BOOTPIN, but if bit1=1,  Then no Bootpin, will determined by BOOTSRC_SEL bits directly.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos