imx6sxsadbresd u-boot parallel lcd

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6sxsadbresd u-boot parallel lcd

dluberger
Contributor V

I have the NXP-recommended hdmi adapter board connected to the parallel lcd connector on the imx6sxsabresd eval board.  After the OS boots up, I get the matchbox desktop displaying fine on my monitor.  However, in u-boot, after changing the "panel" environment variable to MCIMX28LCD (this is the name of the parallel LCD display entity in the mx6sxsabresd.c board file), I don't get anything on my monitor. On other boards, u-boot always shows something, such as the small NXP logo and the u-boot version.  I tried loading a bitmap into memory and displaying it, but nothing happens, though i know the bmp is loaded correctly.  I'm doing all this straight from the yocto-built sd card image.  I'm sure the issue is somewhere in the u-boot settings, but I don't know what to change.  I don't have an LVDS display to try out the default display settings, so this is my only option.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Can you please specify which adapter are you using?

And did you changed the dtb file according to the adapter?

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

I'm using the MCIMXHDMICARD adapter, which is the only one I'm aware of.  And yes my device tree is correctly setup for using the parallel lcd port; as I said in my original post, the display output works fine once the kernel comes up.  The problem is specifically with u-boot.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion.

Apparently what you are trying to do is not an easy task, since many things need to be modified. There are some patches that can help you with that. However, there are out of date, and what I am aware there are no plans to update those patches. You can use them as a reference and see if that works. Otherwise, I recommend you to go with professional service support, they can help to develop the patch that you need. Please find below the web-link to the patches.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-98109 

I apologize for the inconveniences this could give you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Can you please try using the below u-boot parameters.

U-Boot > setenv displayinfo 'video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAAWVGA,
if=RGB656'

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

That didn't seem to do anything.  Shouldn't I just set the video variable directly? where is the displayinfo variable used?  Regardless, I still get no video out of my parallel lcd port during u-boot.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you save the environment after changing the u-boot parameter?

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

Here's the complete u-boot output along with the environment variables from printenv:

U-Boot 2017.03-nxp/imx_v2017.03_4.9.11_1.0.0_ga+ga2fea67 (Nov 09 2018 - 16:59:54 -0500)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6SX rev1.2 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz)
CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C) at 44C
Reset cause: POR
Model: Freescale i.MX6 SoloX SDB RevB Board
Board: MX6SX SABRE SDB
DRAM: 1 GiB
PMIC: PFUZE100! DEV_ID=0x11 REV_ID=0x21
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
Display: MCIMX28LCD (800x480)
Video: 800x480x24
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc2 is current device
Net: eth0: ethernet@02188000, eth1: ethernet@021b4000 [PRIME]
Normal Boot
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
=> printenv
baudrate=115200
boot_fdt=try
bootcmd=mmc dev ${mmcdev};mmc dev ${mmcdev}; if mmc rescan; then if run loadbootscript; then run bootscript; else if run loadimage; then run mmcboot; else run netboot; fi; fi; else run netboot; fi
bootcmd_mfg=run mfgtool_args;bootz ${loadaddr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_addr};
bootdelay=3
bootscript=echo Running bootscript from mmc ...; source
console=ttymxc0
displayinfo=video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAAWVGA,if=RGB656
eth1addr=00:04:9f:03:f3:1c
ethact=ethernet@021b4000
ethaddr=00:04:9f:03:f3:1b
ethprime=eth1
fdt_addr=0x83000000
fdt_file=imx6sx-sdb-lcdif1.dtb
fdt_high=0xffffffff
fdtcontroladdr=bdf3bc58
image=zImage
initrd_addr=0x83800000
initrd_high=0xffffffff
ip_dyn=yes
loadaddr=0x80800000
loadbootscript=fatload mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${loadaddr} ${script};
loadfdt=fatload mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${fdt_addr} ${fdt_file}
loadimage=fatload mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${loadaddr} ${image}
loadm4image=fatload mmc ${mmcdev}:${mmcpart} ${loadaddr} ${m4image}
m4_qspi_cs=2
m4boot=sf probe 1:${m4_qspi_cs}; bootaux 0x78000000
m4image=m4_qspi.bin
mfgtool_args=setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} rdinit=/linuxrc g_mass_storage.stall=0 g_mass_storage.removable=1 g_mass_storage.file=/fat g_mass_storage.ro=1 g_mass_storage.idVendor=0x066F g_mass_storage.idProduct=0x37FF g_mass_storage.iSerialNumber=""
mmcargs=setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot}
mmcautodetect=yes
mmcboot=echo Booting from mmc ...; run mmcargs; if test ${boot_fdt} = yes || test ${boot_fdt} = try; then if run loadfdt; then bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}; else if test ${boot_fdt} = try; then bootz; else echo WARN: Cannot load the DT; fi; fi; else bootz; fi;
mmcdev=2
mmcpart=1
mmcroot=/dev/mmcblk3p2 rootwait rw
netargs=setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp
netboot=echo Booting from net ...; run netargs; if test ${ip_dyn} = yes; then setenv get_cmd dhcp; else setenv get_cmd tftp; fi; ${get_cmd} ${image}; if test ${boot_fdt} = yes || test ${boot_fdt} = try; then if ${get_cmd} ${fdt_addr} ${fdt_file}; then bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}; else if test ${boot_fdt} = try; then bootz; else echo WARN: Cannot load the DT; fi; fi; else bootz; fi;
panel=MCIMX28LCD
script=boot.scr
update_m4_from_sd=if sf probe 1:${m4_qspi_cs}; then if run loadm4image; then setexpr fw_sz ${filesize} + 0xffff; setexpr fw_sz ${fw_sz} / 0x10000; setexpr fw_sz ${fw_sz} * 0x10000; sf erase 0x0 ${fw_sz}; sf write ${loadaddr} 0x0 ${filesize}; fi; fi

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

yes.

0 Kudos