cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 FlexRAM as Emulated EEPROM lifetime issue

建宽高
Contributor III

HI ,i have a question abut S32K144  FlexRAM as Emulated EEPROM lifetime 

- firsrt, i read S31Kxx Data Sheet(REV 7)

on page 37

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

it says  FlexRAM as Emulated EEPROM max lifetime is 5 year,so If I write data in eeprom and been on for more than five years open, what happends? Data will be lost? and what can i extend lifetime?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

actually - the datasheet says that the minimal data retention is 5 years, not maximal. Also this time period is for untouched memory. If you update EEEPROM value - the time is restarted. 

So - if you are planning 5+ years long time usage NVM without any update in EEEPROM area (actually - can't imagine any real use case) - you can just read data from EEEPROM, clear all values and write them again in some maintenance mode. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

建宽高
Contributor III

For example, the product may go from burning to actual sales, which may be more than 5 years, such as inventory vehicles.

In this case, I can judge the reading by reading the flash custom flag after writing the epprom. Do I have to rewrite the original eeprom parameters?

Can I do this?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, the datasheet says - minimal data retention in EEEPROM backup flash is 5 years. If you need to store your device with already stored data in EEEPROM  for 5+ years, you can store backup of EEEPROM data in normal flash area (the data retention for Flash is 20+ years) and rewrite the EEEPROM area if the data differs.     

Jiri

0 Kudos

建宽高
Contributor III

hi, @Jiri Kral

As long as one is updated, is the other life span updated with the updated life span?

0 Kudos

建宽高
Contributor III

3Q very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos