Simulink Build and flash problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Build and flash problem

john_yang
Contributor II

I opened an example Simulink code, "gpio", with my Simulink 2017b, clicked "run" button in Simulink, it didn't give me any errors.  and then I clicked " build" button in Simulink with GCC compiler, it showed that it completed building the code into "gpio_s32k14.mot",  but it gave me the error ( see the attachment) when it was trying to flash the code. I checked the corresponding folder, and did see the "gpio_s32k14.mot" file in the folder.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello john.yang@gentherm.com‌,

This seems to be a problem with the selected drive for the download. What version of the toolbox are you using? If you have the 3.0, I'd advise you to get the new 2018.R1 version as it has some new blocks and some bugs fixed. If you have some specific reason for why you want to continue using the 3.0 version, to fix this problem you'll need to go to settings (double click on the configuration block or press CTRL+E), go to download tab from code generation and there put the drive letter on which the S32K was mounted. You can check it out in My Computer, it should have a distinct name (something like S32K144EVB). If it is mounted on D disk for example, just write D in that option. If you have the latest release (2018R1), just double click the configuration block and go to download options, there you can click under the OpenSDA tab on the Refresh button, then chose from the list on the left the coresponding option; but note that in this list there will be all COM ports that are used at that point in time, so if it's more than 1, you'll still have to check which one is the board you're looking to connect to.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

john_yang
Contributor II

Hi Razvan,

I did modified the drive by following your instructions and installed a newer version 2018.R1.  the problem still exists.   besides that, I have a new issue with the GCC 6.3 compiler.  I got an error message after click "Build" button with GCC 6.3 compiler (coming with the 2018.R1 release).  and it successfully compiled the example gpio module after I switched the compiler from GCC6.3 back to GCC4.9. please refer to the 2 attached files logged with GCC6.3 and GCC4.9 respectively.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello john.yang@gentherm.com‌,

I'm sorry bu I don't see the attached files in this thread. Can you re-upload them? I had this problem recently where I would attach a file and it didn't show up, and I ended up re-uploading it, then it worked.

I'd like to ask you one more thing - can you also attach the example so I can check it out with the specific settings you have?

Thanks,

Razvan.

0 Kudos