Bluetooth issue with Rapid IoT prototype

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issue with Rapid IoT prototype

bharris
Contributor II

I have the Rapid IoT prototyping kit and am having difficulty with the bluetooth. 

I initially was able to make the connection to my iOS device with the demo but after loading a different firmware example, the bluetooth from the Rapid IoT module is no longer visible to my device. 

I tried reloading the original firmware - still not visible

I tried 2 additional iOS devices - still not visible

To I also tried connecting to an Android device which was able to see the Rapid IoT module but I could not pair.  It asked for PIN (which I couldn't find in documentation).  Tried 0000 and 1234 - couldn't pair.

I tried turning the bluetooth off and letting the app handle it - couldn't pair

Is there a way to reset the Rapid IoT module and start from the beginning again?

Any other troubleshooting advice?

Tags (1)
10 Replies

ralphxyz
Contributor III

Francois, they could not even provide a OFF function or switch, I am also unable to connect to my Android phone.

Very disappointed.

Ralph

0 Kudos

francois1
Contributor I

I just changed for a new Android phone using Android version 8.1. Same issue. Unable to see the NXP Rapid IoT in the mobile app.

I believe that this Rapid IoT thing is just crap and the best place for it it is in the trash.

Just waisted money on crap stuff, completely useless and not working.

NEVER BUY those things, just crap.

0 Kudos

francois1
Contributor I

Apparently, this is quiet common with this kit !!!

I bought 2 of them, I tried the first one and could NEVER be recognised by the NXP Rapid IoT app on my Android.

I am using the NXP app version 1.2. on an Android 7.1.1 on a Motorola G5+. On my cell phone, the Bluetooth setting sees the Rapid IoT kit but not the NXP app !!!!

On another tread, they suggested to downgrade the NXP app to version 11.---. I did it but same behaviour, unable to recognise the kit in the app. On the other hand, the kit works perfect (temp, humidity, pression, ...) and so on, 

I thought this could be the device, I unboxed the second one and exactly the same behaviour. Unable to connect the kit to my cell phone.

Very disapointed by this kit.

0 Kudos

bharris
Contributor II

Thanks for the info.

Too bad because I was hoping to use it to do some further prototyping but I don’t trust the reliability now.

Tech support was disappointing as well.

I would’ve been fine with it if it was a known issue with a fix.

0 Kudos

bharris
Contributor II

I am using the Out Of the Box Demo

I would like to get the iOS (iphone) app working again primarily.

I tried to use the Android device mainly just to test to see if the BLE from the device was working.  I did try it again with 999999 and got the same message "couldn't pair, wrong passkey"

Thank you

sedef
Contributor I

I have similar problem. Did you solve bluetooth issue?

In the beginning I was able to pair the kit with my phone but not anymore.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please attach a picture of the numbers on the back on the kit so we can try to help you? Also, by performing the factory reset do you have the same behavior? 

Regards, 

Esteophania 

0 Kudos

bharris
Contributor II

Yes, performing the factory reset does not solve the problem.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos

bharris
Contributor II

I wasn’t able to solve it and eventually the display stopped working as well so I just bought another one to get my demo up and working again.

Support was not a big help and recommended the same steps as the documentation even after I described taking those steps already.

It was definitely a glitch of some kind or the steps I took to get it back to out of the box condition would have solved it.

Wish I could be more help.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Which example are you using ? 

Could you please try the following passkey ? 999999 

Regards ,

Estephania 

0 Kudos