cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6-GPIO CONFIGURATION

geekdarcy
Contributor III
Hi everyone,

I'm developing a new board based on the IMX6q.
My configuration pins are as follows:
MX6Q_PAD_GPIO_3__GPIO_1_3,
MX6Q_PAD_GPIO_6__GPIO_1_6,
I can successfully request gpio3 and gpio6 for gpio output.
I can control gpio3 . But I can't control gpio6.And the ouput of gpio6  always is high. 
When I  measure the voltage of pin gpio6 is always 3.2V.
The   software and hareware configuration of  pin gpio3  and gpios is the same. Both they have a 4.7k  pull-up resistor.
I have double checked my configuration.I am very confused.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any clue about that error?

Kind regards
Labels (3)
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO06 register field descriptions table on the Page 2068 of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual Rev.5 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/applications-processors/i.mx-applicatio...

The Table says that the pad is involved in a number of daisy chains. So, please check the configuration of all related IOMUXC registers, mentioned in the Table.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

geekdarcy
Contributor III

1533036732(1).png

0 Kudos

geekdarcy
Contributor III

hi Artur,

Thanks for reply!

Why need I concern daisy chains mode?The mode of mux I config is ALT5.

#dedine MX6Q_PAD_GPIO_6_GPIO_1_6

IOMUX_PAD(0x0600, 0x0230, 5, 0x0000,0,0)

In my opinion, when mux mode is  ALT0 , ALT2 or ALT5,I should check daisy chains.

Please show me more details.

Any clue about that error?

Kind regards!
0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The wrong configuration of other pads, involved in daisy chain, can affect the GPIO06 pad operation as well. So, anyway, please check the configuration of other pads, involved in this daisy chain.

0 Kudos