cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between IP Command and AIX Command

toandang
Contributor I

Hi All, 

Currently, I am working on the i.MX RT1050 Processor. I see that the processor supports two command modes for NAND device: IP Command and AXI Command. 

I would like to ask what are the difference between the two above modes. 

Thanks and Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to sections 49.4.4 (Device access by AXI Command) and 49.4.5 (Device access

by IP Command) of i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual, Rev. 1, 03/2018, for some details.

Commands, concerned with data transfer to / from (internal) device address area from / to system

memory (DMA) are considered as AXI command in contrast to commands, concerned with controller

settings and access to controller address area.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hansonhe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yuri,

I have one question about AXI Command application as below. Could you also help check it? Thanks.

A AXI Command write instruction operation will actually emit four write operating waveforms, and all the four write operation addresses are 4 byte aligned, and all are increased from the relative address 0 to the relative address 3. 

The same procedure is tested by IP Command instruction without any of the above problems. The waveform is also normal.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NAND is such device, which does not have (storage memory) address area, accessible via

AXI commands. IMX RT NAND interface only supports page based read/write IP operations.   

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos