Combined TBDML/OSBDM Code for the JM16/32/60 (USBDM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined TBDML/OSBDM Code for the JM16/32/60 (USBDM)

pgo
Senior Contributor V
Dear All,

Attached is the latest version of the USBDM code and hardware description.

Enjoy.

USBDM_JM60_Distribution1.zip
Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-08-28 04:59 PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
102 Replies

thinkchip
Contributor II

Hi, I download the archive .zip from your fisrt post, when I try to compile the project USBM_JM60 give me a error, and I dont know what could be, this is the image

I need define something before compile? thanks best regards

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Think Chip,

Can't really think of a reason for this.  The Zip file is of a working Codewarrior project that compiles fine for me.

You are using the entire Codewarrior project from the  Zip file i.e. not creating you own project?  There are a number of symbols defined at the project level that are used to choose header files and options.

What version of Codewarrior are you using?

bye

0 Kudos

brauliochi_thin
Contributor I

Iam using the codewarrior 6.2 evaluation with the last upload of pe 3.06

0 Kudos

dynogreen
Contributor I

Dear PGO,

Do you have hardware version of JB16 release that I can use for building my kit?

Thanks,

j

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear dynogreen,

If you mean actual hardware - no.  I've just made the design available.

Sorry!

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-09-29 12:07 PM
0 Kudos

dbbe
Contributor I

Hello pgo.

I made a different version of your JB programmer, and I have one question.

I don't have the BSSs, only 2n3904 and 2n3906.
In one test I disconnected the reset line and all works OK. ????

After many test, I build this circuit.

Then, I made tests with new microcontrollers QD2, QG8, SE8, KA1 and KA2 and all works ok, erase, program and debug.

Why this circuit works OK without the "RST_IO" line?

Thanks
Daniel

Message Edited by dbbe on 2009-10-09 06:34 PM
Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-13 10:27 AM
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear dbbe,

The Reset line is only needed for HCS12 devices.

bye

0 Kudos

dbbe
Contributor I

Thank you, I have no idea.

Luckily I only use HCS08 and RS08.

0 Kudos

Macias
Contributor I

Dear Pgo,

It's possible to make your software compatible with Freescale FreeMaster? I think about your USBDM version with support ColdFire V2,3,4.

Best Regards,

Macias

0 Kudos

thiag007
Contributor I

Hello pgo,

i am planning to build my developement setup with,USBDM_JM60_Distribution1.zip posted by you.for that i want to do initial program the JM60,is it possible to program without the BDM.I am planning to use a PC utility JM 60 boot loader software V1.6.is this possible to program the code.

i dont have any BDM,please suggest a suitable solution.Is it possible to program USBDM_JB16 with out the BDM,if so please provide useful info about programming the same.

with regards

thiag007

Message Edited by thiag007 on 2009-08-31 12:47 PM
0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Thiag007,

It is NOT possible to program the JM60 version of USBDM without a BDM programmer.

It IS possible to program the JB16 version without a BDM programmer since this chip supports ICP using the USB interface.

Please see the help file in the last set of Zip files on :

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240

The method used is the same as for the original TBDML so refering to those more detailed instructions may also be useful.  Please see the PDF document in:

http://www.freescale.com/files/community_files/OSBDM08/distribution_12f.zip

bye

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-01 10:11 AM
0 Kudos

thiag007
Contributor I

Hello Pgo,

i am planning to develope this USBDM_JB16_SOIC_USB_Stick.pdf first and the to build USBDM_JM60_SOIC_USB_Stick,is this possible to flash the USBDM_JM60_SOIC_USB_Stick after building the USBDM_JB16_SOIC_USB_Stick. ????

Please send the software downloads and the thread for USBDM_JB16_SOIC_USB_Stick.

And another doubt about the  USBDM_JB16_SOIC_USB_Stick there is a comparator  

MCP6541T-E/OT

could you please tell what is the impact of using this comparator in the USB BDM.Can i avoid this comparator. ?????????

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear thiag007,

If you are only building the JB16 version to program the JM60 version of USBDM then I suggest you build the minimal JB16 version.  This does not use the comparator and is much easier to build otherwise.

See the latest Zip files uploaded in this thread for details (V1.4 on the 4th page!):

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=TBDML&thread.id=240

The comparator is used to check the target Vcc on the JB16 version.  This is optional.  The JMxx chip has an in-built comparator which is used.

0 Kudos

thiag007
Contributor I

hello pgo,

is there any PCB design file available for the JB16 version,in the specified thread there si only the gerber files.please send the PCB project files

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear thiag007,

The following thread in the TBDML discussion board has PCB design files for JB16:

Combined TBDML/OSBDM Code   (page 4)

Note: The PCB design files are for Altium software.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-11-02 02:51 PM
0 Kudos

thiag007
Contributor I

Thank u PGO,

Can you post the differences between the JB16 and JM60 based usbdm,even i have seen the Docu its little confusing,

Does JM60 supports,Coldfire V2,V3,V4 ?

Is the USBDM latest is compatible with codewarrior software latest version.??

Please send the link to about programming the USBDM firmware to the JB16 based usbdm without a BDM ?

I am not getting the BSS series can i use 2n 3904,please suggest some alternates for

IRLM6302,BSS84 and BSS138.??

with thanks

Thiag007

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear thiag,

Please see this thread for a discussion of the different versions and their capabilities:

USBDM - Version 2 (JS16/JMxx Versions)  

Please see the documentation for the JS16 version for details about ICP for the JS16 and a link to the required software.

Please see the documentation for the JB16 version for (some) details about ICP for the JB16.  The required software is included in the Zip file.  The following link describes JB16 ICP (or search for AN2399):

AN2399 : In-Circuit Programming of FLASH Memory via the Universal Serial Bus for the MC68HC908JB16

I'm sorry but I don't have time at the moment to check the specs on the devices you mentioned.  The main requirements on the FETs is that they have low Vgs(on) and for the IRML device that is has a Vds(max)/Vgs(max) > 12 V.

bye

Message Edited by pgo on 2009-11-06 12:26 PM
0 Kudos

Macias
Contributor I

Dear Pgo,

In this thread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=OSBDM08&thread.id=726

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=OSBDM08&thread.id=726" target="_blankis OSBDM project by Freescale and this is compatible with FreeMaster. If you have time you can check source of this project.

Best Regards,

Macias 

Message Edited by Macias on 2009-11-07 11:43 AM
0 Kudos

CarlosEC
Contributor I

Hi pgo !

First of all, congratulations for your great job !

I´m a newbie here and I have a doubt that may be stupid...

If I need a MCU (JM16) to build a OSBDM, and this MCU needs to be programmed, how can I program it without a BDM ?

I hope you understand what I meant.

Thank you so much !!

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Carlos,

The simple answer is you can't!

The JMxx versions of USBDM require a BDM for programming.

However you can build and program the JB16 version without a BDM or if you wait a little while I will be posting a JS16 version shortly which also can be programmed without a BDM.  The latter is the preferred option.

bye

0 Kudos