cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbake fatal: branch origin/master does not exist

Jump to solution
jcall
Contributor II

After I hit a dead end on the windows side (related post) I thought I'd try building a linux image following the instructions in the document fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga/i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf listed on the support tab of the IM.X 6ULL EVK (on a clean install of Ubuntu for the host).

The repo tool had some issues for which I had to edit the following files

• sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bs4/builder/_html5lib.py and replace all instances of "html5lib.treebuilders._base" with "html5lib.treebuilders.base" (As per this answer)
  • sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/git.py and replace all instances of "--set-upstream" with "--set-upstream-to"

but I hit a snaggle I have had a hard time diagnosing.

For reference I used the following commands:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx6ull14x14ddr3arm2 source fsl-setup-release.sh -b fsl-14x14ddr3

bitbake core-image-base

(Side note, I'm guessing on the machine, I don't know what the difference between imx6ull14x14evk or imx6ull14x14ddr3arm2 or imx6ull9x9 or imx6ul* (with one L) are or if this is even the right one for my board...can someone explain?)

Currently I am getting the error in bitbake:

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: gnu-config-native-20150728+gitAUTOINC+b576fa87c1-r0 do_unpack: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: branch 'origin/master' does not exist

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gnu-config-native/20150728+gitAUTOINC+b576fa87c1-r0/temp/log.do_unpack.5361
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_unpack
| DEBUG: Executing python function base_do_unpack
| DEBUG: Running export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus,guid=9f8369f54a840a11f0b66b2a5b0b2451"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="1725"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/native-intercept:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/jcall/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"; export HOME="/home/jcall"; git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 clone -s -n /home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/downloads//git2/git.sv.gnu.org.config.git/ /home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gnu-config-native/20150728+gitAUTOINC+b576fa87c1-r0/git/
| DEBUG: Running export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus,guid=9f8369f54a840a11f0b66b2a5b0b2451"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="1725"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/native-intercept:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/jcall/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"; export HOME="/home/jcall"; git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 remote set-url origin git://git.sv.gnu.org/config.git
| DEBUG: Running export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus,guid=9f8369f54a840a11f0b66b2a5b0b2451"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="1725"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/native-intercept:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/jcall/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"; export HOME="/home/jcall"; git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 checkout -B master b576fa87c140b824466ef1638e945e87dc5c0343
| DEBUG: Running export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus,guid=9f8369f54a840a11f0b66b2a5b0b2451"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="1725"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/native-intercept:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-linux:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/fsl-14x14ddr3/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/jcall/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin"; export HOME="/home/jcall"; git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 branch --set-upstream-to master origin/master
| DEBUG: Python function base_do_unpack finished
| DEBUG: Python function do_unpack finished
| ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
| fatal: branch 'origin/master' does not exist
| 
ERROR: Task 349 (virtual:native:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gnu-config/gnu-config_git.bb, do_unpack) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 22 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
  virtual:native:/home/jcall/yocto/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gnu-config/gnu-config_git.bb, do_unpack
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Any pointers appreciated...I would really like to get something small and simple compiling so I can load hello world onto the board and get going with the aspects of my project that I am more invested in :smileyconfused:

Labels (4)
1 Solution
jcall
Contributor II

Ok, stepping back a bit I think the problem is in how I replaced --set-upstream with --set-upstream-to in poky/bitbake/.../git.py

The original line looked like this

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

This produced an error saying --set-upstream was deprecated so I found the line but lazily just changed it to set-upstream-to

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream-to %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

Turns out the argument order needed to be flipped as well

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream-to origin/%s %s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

And I got past that error onto the next one

(How do I mark this as the answer? I see no button to do so)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Normally the fetching error appears when you do not have an internet connection or your internet connection is poor.

However, it also seems to be that you are having a problem with the Machine that you specified. For this case, you will need to use the Machine imx6ull14x14evk or the imx6ull9x9evk Machine. The Machine name depends on the size of the chip that you are using.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos
jcall
Contributor II

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately internet connection seems...a highly unlikely problem considering I'm writing this post on the same machine from which I am attempting to use bitbake, and I had no problems cloning the parent repo...it would be nice if bitbake was kind enough to tell me what repository it was trying to pull/clone/do whatever from

I saw nothing about size from the digikey where I purchased the evk, but looking up the serial number printed on it (MCIMX6Y2DVM09AA) looks like it's 14x14 (I'm no good at eyeballing on the mm scale)

0 Kudos
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Try using the MACHINE= imx6ull14x14evk. The evk board use that part number.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos
jcall
Contributor II

Ok, stepping back a bit I think the problem is in how I replaced --set-upstream with --set-upstream-to in poky/bitbake/.../git.py

The original line looked like this

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

This produced an error saying --set-upstream was deprecated so I found the line but lazily just changed it to set-upstream-to

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream-to %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

Turns out the argument order needed to be flipped as well

runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream-to origin/%s %s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, branchname), d)

And I got past that error onto the next one

(How do I mark this as the answer? I see no button to do so)