Is there a isolate debuger and programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a isolate debuger and programmer

wushenhui
Contributor I

When I modify the code in the "Generate Code" dir. The IDE will erase my modification, I would like to edit the code use my favorite editor and compile the code in the command line. it finally generate an *.elf. Is there any utility to use this elf to start debug and program the chip?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can disable code generation, see Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Wu,

elf file includes burning code, so you can use it directly to program flash. But you can't modify it if you don't have source code.

Here is an article tell you how to program elf/s19 with CW simple flash.

Standalone Flash Programmer | MCU on Eclipse 

Does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wushenhui
Contributor I

Sorry, did you forget to add a superlink in "Here" in your sentense. I can't click on "Here" to link to the article.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wu,

I just added it. Hope this helps.

Jennie

0 Kudos

wushenhui
Contributor I

It helps, yes, now i have my own development environment, editor, compilier, uart debug, the last, programmer.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos