How is the file in codewarrior used?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the file in codewarrior used?

collapsar
Contributor I

The compilation principles and execution sequence of starts12x.s and project.prm, and how other files are used during compilation and execution, I need to refer to what documents (IDE: codewarrior)

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Xudai,

This is the basic file structure from compiler to linker. Hope this helps.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

collapsar
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for your reply. So on page 21 of the document 《HC12 C and assembly mix》,
   LINK test.abs                                                                /* Name of the executable file generated.*/
   NAMES test.o END                                                       /* Name of the object files in the application */
   SECTIONS
   MY_ROM= READ_ONLY 0x800 TO 0x8FF;                /* READ_ONLY memory area */
   MY_RAM= READ_WRITE 0xB00 TO 0xBFF;             /* READ_WRITE memory area */
   MY_STK= READ_WRITE 0xA00 TO 0xAFF;              /* READ_WRITE memory area */
   END
   PLACEMENT   

DEFAULT_ROM, cstSec INTO MY_ROM;                   /* Code should be allocated in MY_ROM */
   DEFAULT_RAM INTO MY_RAM;                                   /* Variables should be allocated in MY_RAM */
   SSTACK INTO MY_STK;                                               /* Stack will be allocated in MY_STK. */
   END
   INIT entry                                           /* entry is the entry point to the application. */
   VECTOR ADDRESS 0xFFFE entry

How to understand "LINK test.abs" and "INIT entry",Why do we add "INIT entry", what if we don't have this?Similarly, in the project.prm file of the Bootloader_S12X of AN4258SW, why would you add INIT _BootStart?

Have a great day,
Xudai Guo

0 Kudos