What is the difference between the FXTH8709116T1 and the FXTH8709226T1? I don't see any obvious differences in the data sheet, perhaps I'm missing something?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between the FXTH8709116T1 and the FXTH8709226T1? I don't see any obvious differences in the data sheet, perhaps I'm missing something?

petermackel
Contributor I

Hi - I'm looking at the NXP TPMS chips, and cannot see what the difference is between the FXTH8709116T1 and the FXTH8709226T1 is?  Could someone let me know please?

Many thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies

petermackel
Contributor I

Hi Tomas

Thanks for the reply.  Is there somewhere I can get the firmware guide for the FXTH870922?  I have the guide for the x11 (and x12), and I'd like to see exactly what the differences are.  Or even better, something that describes exactly the differences (in terms of performance or functions etc.)?Capture_03.PNG

Many thanks

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

The FXTH870922 firmware contains the same functions as the FXTH870911 except that some of them are not correctly implemented so they cannot be used.

This implies that there is no advantage in using the FXTH870922 compared to the FXTH870911. There is no additional functionality in the FXTH870922 firmware; on the contrary, there are more functionalities in the FXTH870911 firmware as all firmware functions are correctly implemented.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

petermackel
Contributor I

Hi Tomas

Thanks for the reply. The background to my question is more related to needing to port software from the x22 to the x11. If the software is already implemented in the x22 chip, I’m trying to gauge how much change will be required to the software, and also how much subsequent testing. I assume the answer to this question is linked to the exact function of the software, which is why I was looking for the firmware specifications. Do you think that the software porting is straightforward from the x22 to the x11?

Many thanks

Peter

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

Yes, porting software from the x22 to the x11 is straightforward. The differences between the two firmware can be listed by comparing the x11 firmware user guide with the x22 firmware user guide. Both can also be found from this webpage, under “Users Guide”.

Note: the current x22 firmware user guide will be updated very soon (within a few weeks) as some information are not fully complete in the current version.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

petermackel
Contributor I

Hi Tomas

Thanks for the help.  Can you let us know when the updated version of the x22 firmware guide is available please?  

Many thanks

Peter

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

The only difference is the firmware inside, the hardware is the same.

The FXTH870922  firmware was released for customers who wanted compatibility between the firmware of the previous TPMS device and the current FXTH. This firmware does not have all improvements now in the FXTH870911 firmware. So it is recommended for all new customers to use the FXTH870911, and not the FXTH870922.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos