cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional mSATA interface in i.MX6

prabhu_r1
Contributor I

Hello,

I am a HW designer. In my design, I need to provide 1 x SATA and 1 x mSATA and both shall be functional simultaneously. Since i.MX6 comes with  only one SATA interface I trying to find a solution to implement mSATA in different options. One could be by using SATA port multiplier and another option may be PCIe to mSATA. But I didn't find a solid information as a proof that which one will be better to implement in terms of Hardware and Software. 

Can some one help me by suggesting better one to implement mSATA in our design with i.MX6 in addition to the SATA interface. Also please suggest port multiplier / PCIe to S

Regards,

Prabhu 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX6 has 1 SATA interface. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You can use some external SATA adapter for additional SATA device.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have no ready solutions regarding to several SATA interfaces. Sorry for the inconvenience.
And we do not give preference to some exact 3rd party external adapter.

Have a great day,
Victor

0 Kudos