Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtos example: bin/sh: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello community,

I have set up Eclipse (GNU MCU Eclipse) to do some bare metal programming on an MX7 device, specifically on the M4.

The project does not build properly. Here is the projects file tree (some folders are collapsed for readability). The application is the Hello World example from the RTOS SDK.

pastedImage_1.png

On trying to build, i get the following console output:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0
-fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g3 -DCPU_MCIMX7D_M4
-DARM_MATH_CM4 -D__DEBUG
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\examples\imx7d_sdb_m4\demo_apps\hello_world"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\rtos\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM4F"

-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\rtos\FreeRTOS\Source\include"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\utilities\inc"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\drivers\inc"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\CMSIS\Include"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\devices\"

-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\devices\MCIMX7D"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\devices\MCIMX7D\startup"
-I"path\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\devices\MCIMX7D\include"
-std=gnu11 -MMD -MP -MF"rtos/portable/MemMang/heap_1.d"
-MT"rtos/portable/MemMang/heap_1.o"
-c -o "rtos/portable/MemMang/heap_1.o" "path/FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D/rtos/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_1.c"

path_to_MCU_eclipse/build tools/2.10-20180103-1919/bin/sh: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

make: *** [rtos/portable/MemMang/subdir.mk:20: rtos/portable/MemMang/heap_1.o] Error 2

I switched the heap_X.c files (between 1 and 2) to make sure it is not the .c file that has an error, but nothing changed.

Maybe somewhere in the source files there is a " missing. But that will be quite hard to hunt down, especially as the code is an example. Maybe my whole setup is all wrong? Or compiler options? I am not familiar with setting up toolchains etc, so I dont know what additional info you might need.

Compiler is arm-none-eabi-gcc as you can see in the console output above. Host OS is win 10. IDE Eclipse with ARM GNU plugins as found here: GNU ARM → GNU MCU Eclipse! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello,

this was not the problem.

Actually, I don't know what the problem was. I just reinstalled everything and set up a new project, then the error was gone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lars

please look at arm-none-eabi-gcc syntax suggestions provided for similar issue on

http://www.openstm32.org/forumthread3903 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello,

this was not the problem.

Actually, I don't know what the problem was. I just reinstalled everything and set up a new project, then the error was gone.

0 Kudos