cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare Classic authentification with SAM AM2

vitaliikorolyk
Contributor I

Hi,

We are working on solution using SAM AV2 for storing and authentication with Mifare Classic cards.

When we try to use SAM_AuthenticateMifare command we always receive error 6985.

We assume that there is a problem with how we store a key.

Could you please help us with instruction how key need to be stored?

Also if there is document that can be useful please provide its name.

If these questions can't be answered in public forum please send us instructions where it can be done.

Our company has valid NDA with NXP and access to docstore.nxp.com

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Vitalii Korolyk

Edvantis Software Inc.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Vitalii Korolyk, hope you are doing great.

As you may know the information regarding the SAM AV2 most of it is under NDA(Non disclosure Agreement) this means all information regarding this device should be shares using secure communication channels, so I am going to reference to you to the documents that may help you if you have more questions please submit a case in our case system.  please check DS164535 this error is because the  command received are not part of the minimal command set this is stated in the table 25 of this document please check the section 10.3.5 here is an explanation about the types of commands and 10.3.3.1 for explicit commands for each type of commands set. if this accept minimal comand set, general commands or restricted ones, you can use the data sheet by side of the AN182810 this application note explain how to work with the SAM AV2 and MIFARE Classic.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

adnanm1
Contributor I

Hello Jonathan,

I had a detailed look at the doc. 182810. But it does not tell you how you send commands to MF Classic. In the example p9 6000 is not enough for APDU commands. You need CLA INS P1 P2 Lc Data Le and things get complicated if you have the key stored in the SAM.

How can I start a communication with MF Classic sending the right APDUs to receive the 32 bits Random nr.

I also wrote about the topic here: https://www.mifare.net/support/forum/topic/mifare-classic-and-sam-av2-authentication/  but not solution found yet.

If you have any information, would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Adnan

PS: I also have a valid, and updated NDA. And have already implemented DESFire SAM communication via APDUs, and also HOST Authentication only with APDU cmds. (all in non-X mode).

0 Kudos