Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 ZQ pull-down calibration.

Jump to solution
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello community,

I have a question about method of ZQ automatic pull-down calibration.

In ZQ automatic Pull-up calibration(section 44.11.2.1.1), it say that

"The MMDC drives zq_pu_pd_sel to "1"for indication of pull-up calibration"

pastedImage_1.png

From Figure 44-8 in Reference manual, It will connect between internal pull-up and external pull-down

register and calibrate a ZQPAD voltage to Vdd/2.

In ZQ automatic Pull-down calibration(44.11.2.1.2), it say that

"The MMDC drives zq_pu_pd_sel to "0" for indication of pull-down calibration"

In Figure 44-8, it seems that detach internal pull-up register and attach internal pull-down register

to external register.

pastedImage_2.png

It seems that both internal and external register are pull-down so ZQPAD keep GND level.

So we think that in pull-down zq calibration, internal pull-up and internal pull-down register

will attached to the comparator and detach external register.

pastedImage_3.png

Is it correct understanding?

Best regards,

Ishii.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Generally You are right:

The internal pull-up resistor calibration is done using the 1% external resistor.

The internal pull-down resistor calibration is done versus the internal pull-up resistor.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Generally You are right:

The internal pull-up resistor calibration is done using the 1% external resistor.

The internal pull-down resistor calibration is done versus the internal pull-up resistor.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello Yuri,

Thank you for your quick response.

I will answer it to my customer.

Best regards,

Ishii.

0 Kudos