cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when compiling ROM elf file

stevenstarnes
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to compile the ROM file to flash onto my T2080 board. However whenever I try to compile the rom source I get the error "relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC64_ADDR16_HI against symbol `ddrclk_opts' defined in .init_data section in ./Sources/T2080QDS_init.o". I am using the T2080QDS bare board project as a starting point and adding my own code as needed. As far as I can tell it appears I have ran out of room maybe? Any help on trying to figure out this problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there similar error message if your code is not used in the T2080QDS bare board project?

Is your code try to access or change the "ddrclk_opts"?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevenstarnes
Contributor III

I solved the issue. In the default board setup fir T2080QDS_init.c there is assembly code written as: asm("lis 4, ddrclk_opts@h") this should be changed to asm("lis 4, ddrclk_opts@high"). I believe that @high is for 64 bit builds

0 Kudos

stevenstarnes
Contributor III

If I just compile the bareboard project without modifying anything it compiles without errors.

No my code doesn't modify any the ddrclk_opts variable. When I remove the section regarding the DDR clock it works just fine. The board I am working with does not contain a QIXIS i believe so it is irrelevant to my project anyways.

0 Kudos