Linux image (s32v234pcie) produced by Yocto_s32v234_bsp14.0 is unable to host kernel modules of VisionSDK_RTM_1_0_0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux image (s32v234pcie) produced by Yocto_s32v234_bsp14.0 is unable to host kernel modules of VisionSDK_RTM_1_0_0

rameezismail
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I am working on a vision application that requires kernel modules from the vision SDK. However, the kernel modules oal_cma.ko and apex.ko can not be properly loaded in the linux image generated from the BSP-14.

Background:
Since BSP-12,  the kernel modules oal_cma.ko and fdma.ko, have trouble with the linux image for s32v234pcie device. For BSP-12, we had to manually patch the device tree file s32v234.dtsi in the YOCTO environment to get the modules working.

Current Issue:
The problem continues in BSP-13 and BSP-14. Additionally, VisionSDK_RTM_1_0_0 has introduced a new kernel module apex.ko, which has similar troubles. This also makes the previous patch obsolete.

To reproduce the current problem:

1. Generate an image, fsl_image_full_s32v2xx, for the s32v234pcie  from Yocto_s32v234_bsp14.0.
  2.  Build the kernel modules,  provided by VisionSDK_RTM_1_0_0, against the kernel sources.   
  3.  Try to load the kernels modules: fdma.ko throws an error. Additionally, although oal_cma.ko and apex.ko appears to be loaded fine the corresponding devices are not existent.

Note: On BlueBox-mini the kernel modules are loaded just fine and I can run APEX examples without any issue

Could anyone guide me how to fix this issue or let me know if I am missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

许愿树
Contributor I

Hello, may I ask you to solve it? I now also encounter this problem, apex driver does not load into the use of the kernel is BSP-14.

0 Kudos

rameezismail
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes you need to rebuild the linux-s32v2xx with patched s32v234_dtsi file. The patch is available in the VisionSDK_RTM_1_0_0 under s32v234_sdk/os/linux. I did it as follow in BSP-15:

1. Reset the kernel configuration

bitbake linux-s32v2xx -c cleansstate

bitbake linux-s32v234-c configure

2. PATCH the .dtsi file, in YOCTO build directory,  with the above mentioned patch [adds additional device nodes]
    File to Patch: tmp/work-shared/s32v234pcie/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/s32v234.dtsi

3. Rebuild the kernel

bitbake linux-s32v2xx -c build

4. Rebuild your Image

bitbake fsl-image-full-s32v2xx -c cleansstate
bitbake fsl-image-full-s32v2xx
0 Kudos