cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR6000 not responding

sunilhalvi
Contributor I

Hello all,

Iam new to NXP products, i want to interface AR6000 with MCU(PIC32) through LIN, as i don't know the version(A,B,C,D or E) of my device iam assuming that it will be version A.

1.      Can I know which are the minimum connection to power it up so that I can have LIN communication? Currently I have given the following connection, kindly confirm if they are okay:
    1.       Pin# 2 to 12V, connected to 1.5uF to GND.
    2.       Pin#3 to GND, connected 220uF to GND.
    3.       Pin#4 to LIN bus.
  2.      I am trying to read the basic manufacturer identification details by sending message ID 0x12, but not able to receive anything from the slave.
  3.       Can you let me know what commands shall be sent to configure LIN versions.

Thank You

Sunil halvi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sunilhalvi
Contributor I

Hello Tomas Vaverka,

Thank You for reply, iam using AR6000, i don't know either AR6000 is configured for LIN1.3 or 2.1 how to find it?

I need to read the identifiers(alternator supplier identifier, alternator identifier e.t.c) iam using LIN id 0x12, i think AR6000 should calculate checksum for this id because data is sent from slave.

If i am wrong with checksum, how should i calculate checksum when master is trying to receive the data from slave.

Thank You

Sunil Kumar

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sunil,

What kind of LIN alternator regulator are you using? Is it TC80310 (previous generation, but still in production) or is it AR6000 (latest generation)?

TC80310 is only sold as bare die, AR6000 is both sold as bare die and TO220-5 package.

In addition, TC80310 is only LIN 1.3 protocol, AR6000 can be configured as 1.3 or 2.1. Depending on the chosen protocol, the checksum calculation needs to be adjusted (classic checksum for 1.3 and enhanced for 2.1). If the checksum is not matching LIN protocol configuration, the device will not answer.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos