cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Verification and Authentication using RSA and SHA256

ranjithhebbar
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am currently working on i.MX6UL custom board. Currently working on Kernel image verification and secure image verification without HAB API's in u-boot. I looked into u-boot source code and exploring that then found that rsa-verify.c and sha256.c.

In rsa-verify.c there are functions like rsa_verify, rsa_verify_key, rsa_verify_with_keynode which dependent on many files like cmd/fdt.c, common/image-sig.c and cmd/fdt.c many functions and device tree structures. I wnated to know anyone using this for verification also Any one have simplied file which does rsa_verify.?

In sha256.c, I need hashing of given message uisng sha256 in u-boot Any one have simplied file which does sha256 hashing?

I need to use this for kernel image verification and secure image verification in u-boot using rsa 2048 PKCSv1.5 and SHA256 hashing.

Thanks in advance,

Ranjith Hebbar  V S

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Recommended way for devices of i.MX series - to apply HAB.

I think specific uboot questions  may be posted on uboot mail list.

WebHome < U-Boot < DENX 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos