显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Question, i.MX6DQ and external USB HUB chip

1,012 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about USB connection of i.MX6DQ.

My customer wants to connect external USB HUB chip (Microchip’s USB4604) to USB OTG Controller of i.MX6DQ via UTMI PHY1.

(1)

Is it OK?

If any consideration is needed, please let me know.

(2)

The customer wants to control UTMI PHY.

Is it possible to control it from API level of OS (as a general story)?

Best Regards,

Miyamoto

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
4 回复数

794 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto,

Regarding the i.MX side, they have UTMI compliant interfaces (with internal PHYs), but also HSIC interfaces that require external PHY. You could take a look at application note AN4589 “Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors”, available at the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4589.pdf

About the USB4604 part, please refer to the following Community thread:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/386829

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励

794 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Hello CarlosCasillas

Thanks for your support.

The customer wants to connect USB4606 into USB OTG controller of i.MX6D/Q.

Is it possible?

I think it depends on its PHY interface.

USB4606 seems to have a USB interface(Flex PHY) instead of HSIC for up/down stream, according its datasheet.

Best Regards,

Miyamoto

0 项奖励

794 次查看
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto,

The i.MX6 Quad/Dual have one OTG and one Host controllers with internal UTMI PHYs, and two Host controllers with HSIC interfaces. It is shown on Figure 1 of application note AN4589:

f1.png

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 项奖励

794 次查看
SLICE
Contributor IV

Hello CarlosCasillas

Thanks for your support.

I came to understand that USB4604 can be connected to USB OTG controller of i.MX6DQ via USB4604's USB upstream ports(DP,DM).

Best Regards,

Miyamoto

0 项奖励