cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

howto create boot.scr from boot.cmd with yocto

floriankoenig
Contributor II

Hi,

i want to create a boot.scr file.  I added  to SRC_URI = "file://boot.cmd"  and placed the file boot.cmd into the folder  meta-my-uboot/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files .

Then i added  UBOOT_ENV = "boot"  and UBOOT_ENV_SUFFIX = "scr" into my local.conf.  

But that is not enough, it complains about not finding  ${S}/boot.scr   ??

Do i need to add a  do_compile()  function to build the boot.scr from boot.cmd with mkimage ??  I really think this feature is already integrated into yocto , or?

thanks for help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nhatthanh_xp
Contributor I

Sorry for any-inconvenient.

But I have same this issue with iMX6ULL.

So, Do yo have a solution to build "boot.scr" from Yocto project ??

Thanks,

Thanh Luong 

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this may useful for you.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-95046 

0 Kudos

floriankoenig
Contributor II

hi,

thanks but it seemed that i need to insert extra lines like:

do_compile_append() {

${WORKDIR}/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d ${WORKDIR}/boot.cmd ${WORKDIR}/${UBOOT_ENV_BINARY}

}

then it builds from a boot.cmd file the boot.scr file.

Very sad, i thought that yocto could still handle that, or i dont know how to activate it ??    

The next problem is now, how to copy the boot.scr file to the sdcard image ?? When i use  IMAGE_BOOT_FILES = "boot.scr"   inside   build/conf/local.conf  nothing happens, even if the boot.scr file is located in  build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd  directory ?

0 Kudos

floriankoenig
Contributor II

When i use a do_compile()  function to build with mkimage the boot.scr , it complains about   not finding u-boot-sd.imx ?   

0 Kudos