Where to configure DIP switches settings?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to configure DIP switches settings?

jialu
Contributor II

Hi, all,

In <Linux_User's_Guide.pdf>, it says:

• No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD
  • boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,
  • set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into
  • SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means
  • that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.
  • Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all
  • the dips of SW6 to off.

I wonder how to configure DIP switches like the "Another way".

By the way, where to download <uboot_mx6x.pdf>, it's not in docs <fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga>.

Thank you :smileyhappy:.

3 Replies

ajithpv
Contributor V

Thank you for providing the 'uboot_mx6x.pdf'

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. I wonder how to configure DIP switches like the "Another way".

A. As told above, the possible "another way" is to set all of the SW6 DIP switches on the board to Off position.

Q. where to download <uboot_mx6x.pdf>

A. Please find it attached.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jialu
Contributor II

My board is i.MX6 SabreSD.

0 Kudos