cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon enabled network

mihakrejan
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to create beacon enabled network with KW01 connectivity software. I have tried different beacon and superframe orders with no success. It looks like coordinator does not sending any beacons because passive scan on end device returns with status g_NoBeacon_c, scanDuration is greater than beaconOrder on coordinator, #define gBeaconEnabledSupport_d 1 is set in app_preinclude.h.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Miha, 

Unfortunately, Beacon mode is not supported on KW01 and there are currently no plans on implementing this feature on this platform. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-JC

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Miha,

Please take as reference the KW41 MyWirelessAPP beacon enabled example. You can set the beacon enabled modifying the c and h files.

pastedImage_4.png

KW41 MyWirelessApp Beacon Enabled example. app.c

C:\NXP\MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\boards\frdmkw41z\wireless_examples\ieee_802_15_4\mwa_coordinator_be

pastedImage_5.png

KW01 Coordinator example app.c

C:\Freescale\KW01_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0\ConnSw\examples\ieee_802_15_4\MyWirelessApp

Hope it helps.Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mihakrejan
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thank you for replay. I have made test according to KW41 MyWirelessAPP beacon enabled example, but still no success with passive scan on end device. In KW41 example linked library is: "802.15.4_mac_06begts_cM0_IAR.a". Connectivity software for KW01 has no library with letters "be" in filename (i.e. beacon enabled). I believe that there is no support for beacon enabled network in precompiled 802.15.4 libraries for KW01. Is it possible to get more recent 802.15.4 libraries for KW01 with beacon enabled network support?

Best Regards,

Miha

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Miha,

Could you please confirm what are the APIs that you need?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mihakrejan
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

According to KW01 connectivity software V1.0.0 and document Freescale 802.15.4 MAC/PHY, User's Guide, Rev. 2, 09/2015 (802154MPADG.pdf) page 11, I will need the "Freescale_802.15.4_MAC_06eBETSCHg_M0_IAR.a" library file (i.e support for 2006 security, MAC used with g PHY, Beacon Enabled, 4e Time-Slotted Channel Hopping compiled for Cortex-M0+).

Regards,

Miha

0 Kudos