cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify current consumption by IDE with external oscillascope

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hii,

I am currently working on NXP (LPC Xpresso 54114) board. I am measuring the current consumption due to the interrupt providing in the main by power measurement tool. But, I really wanna verify that the result what we are getting from the power measurement tool is trustable completely or is better than the other measurement devices like ammeter, oscilloscope. Therefore, I wanted to take the current consumption measurement on an external oscilloscope. 

Does, anybody know how to measure the similar current consumption (which we are getting it from the power measurement tool in IDE) on an external oscilloscope. So, that I can compare the results from both. 

Circuit diagram would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Himanshu Doshi

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the application note AN11799, this application note introduces the low power modes of the LPC5411x
series and wake-up implementation. The application note also provides software examples to enter the low power modes and demonstrates how to measure the power consumption and wake-up times using the LPC54114 LPCXpresso board.

http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11799.zip 

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

himanshudoshi
Contributor III

Hii soledad, 

Thank you very much for your effort. I have gone through this. But, what I really wanted to do is to measure the current consumption due to the interrupt prividing by me in the while loop, as you can see in the code:

//Interrupt 

void SysTick_Handler(void)
{
asm(

add....

nop...

)

}

//MAIN Function

int main(void){

int p = 1;

while(1){

__WFI();

}

return 0;

}

In these series of codes, the instructions for whom I wanna measure the current consumption, I am keeping them in the interrupt and calling then through  __WFI(); in the while loop. When we execute the program and measure the current, we get the spikes in the measurement value. And we know that these spikes are due to the interrupt. Thus, I am computing the current consumption due to the instruction by feeding them as interrupt. 

Now, I wanted to verify these values, by some external oscilloscope or ammeter. And see the deviation of the result between the current consumption what we are getting it by IDE and what we are getting it by oscilloscope or ammeter. 

Therefore I can verify the results. The results from IDE are in terms of mAmps and time is in micro-seconds.

So, regarding this issue if you can help me out or any comments from your side, will be a great help. As, I am at beginner level, I am finding it bit difficult. So, you help will be great.

Thanking you once again and regards,

Himanshu Doshi

0 Kudos