/dev/dpa_classifier /dev/dpa_stats do not create in the linux.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/dev/dpa_classifier /dev/dpa_stats do not create in the linux.

vidyasagartata
Contributor II
Dear All,
We have T2080RDB development kit trying to run classifier_demo.
We are following SDK2.0 document (10.7.2.2.2 Running classifier_demo) chapter.
Enabled offloading driver in the kernel and using t2080rdb-usdpaa.dpa dtb but /dev/dpa_classifier /dev/dpa_stats do not create in the linux.
We set setenv othbootargs “fsl_fm_max_frm=9600" in the boot prompt.
and we are exporting export DEF_CFG_PATH=/usr/etc/classifier_demo_config-b4860.xml export DEF_PCD_PATH=/usr/etc/classifier_demo_policy.xml export DEF_PDL_PATH=/etc/fmc/config/hxs_pdl_v3.xml
Then /dev/dpa_classifier /dev/dpa_stats should create but do not. Please let me know where is the mistake.
Thanks, Vidya
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

vidyasagartata
Contributor II

Thanks its working device created.

Thanks,

Vidya

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vidya Sagar,

As I answered in the case 00101328.

I suspect you didn't enable "DPA Offloading Drivers" driver in Linux Kernel or you didn't rebuild Linux kernel image with appropriate procedure.
Please make sure the following configuration is enabled in Kernel configuration(CONFIG_FSL_DPA_OFFLOAD=y).
Device Drivers
    [*]Staging Drivers
         <*> Freescale Datapath Offloading Driver

Please refer to the following procedure to rebuild Linux Kernel if you use Yocto Linux SDK.
1. $ bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate
2. $ bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure
3. Go to Linux Kernel build folder
cd ~/test/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t2080rdb/tmp/work/t2080rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/build/
4. $make ARCH=powerpc menuconfig
Enable the following configuration
Device Drivers
    [*]Staging Drivers
         <*> Freescale Datapath Offloading Driver

5. Rebuild Linux Kernel and get images in build_t2080rdb/tmp/deploy/images/t2080rdb/.
$ bitbake virtual/kernel

I have verified the above procedure to build the attached images and verified them on T2080RDB board. After the system sets up, /dev/dpa_classifier and /dev/dpa_stats are created.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos