MC1321x - BeeStack - Frequency Agility Alternatives?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1321x - BeeStack - Frequency Agility Alternatives?

Ware
Contributor III
To ZigBee Gurus and/or neophytes:

I am trying to finish up a product for release this month and was hesitant to upgrade from ZigBee 2006 (BeeStack codebase 1.0.4) to ZigBee 2007 (BeeStack codebase 2.0.0).

But I am having issues with EndDevices loosing synch with Coordinators (most likely due to noise in the ISM band (maybe from sources like microwaves?)).  Currently my EndDevice app-layer attempts to "ReJoin" when synch is lost or messages are not confirmed, which works maybe 50% of the time (not good enough for this application).

Is Frequency Agility the answer to my problems?

Is there an alternative to Frequency Agility with BeeStack 1.0.4 (maybe at the application level), if I wanted to avoid upgrading to BeeStack 2.0.0?

Also, how long does it takes the Frequency Agility algorithm to do it's thing?  Any quicker than initial connection?

Thanks,
 - Ware

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Ware
Contributor III

UPDATE:

After running a test with EVB & SRB demo board hardware and non-customized "GenericApp" demo software I am seeing the same problems over long periods of time.

-Group1- Custom HW - MyApp using BeeStack v1.04
-Group2- EVB/SRB - GenericApp using BeeStack v1.0.4
-Group3- EVB/SRB - GenericApp using BeeStack v2.0.0
-Group4- EVB/SRB - GenericApp using BeeStack v2.0.0 with Freq Agility

EndDevices all have Low Power mode enabled (Deep sleep / 1s-wake-up).

Groups 1 and 2 loose there connection very often (MTTF = 10hours).

Sometimes I observe severe RF noise on channel and sometimes I cannot find any reason for connection loss.

Indications to App layer:
 - Loss of Sync
 - Message not confirmed

Has anyone else seen problems with BeeStack v1.0.4 loosing connection over a period of a day or 2?

0 Kudos