Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly board booting in latest 4.1.15 Kernel

Jump to solution
MathanMurugan
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using i.MX6 board with latest kernel 4.1.15, facing issue with that board, the problem is board randomly rebooting, whenever insert the SD to boot the board,board is booting randomly, there is a error coming that below,

ubuntu@imx6qsdl-utopic:~$ [ 22.485237] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00002e04

And I have checked with kernel source also.i could not fine the issue , so Can you please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Mathan

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

new calibration coefficients found from ddr test should be entered to uboot *.cfg file

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

5 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

new calibration coefficients found from ddr test should be entered to uboot *.cfg file

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

Best regards
igor

MathanMurugan
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

According to that,RAM configuration everything is fine ..

Just now I noticed that, some of the time board getting reboot after Login with in 15 to 20 mints ..

is that issue is new things or related this RAM issue ??

Please clarify it.

Thanks.

Mathan

0 Kudos
MathanMurugan
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

I had tried last one week, even we tried with DDR calibration test with various cpu frequency, I could not.

For your post make us to resolve it.

Thank you so much for solution.

Best Regards,

Mathan

0 Kudos
jayakumar2
Contributor V

I was seeing a similar issue on my board. Here's what I would suggest.

If you're seeing instability, meaning unstable all the time, and not related to a specific action, then you want to check if your DDR timing/calibration values are suitable for your board. https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 

The other possibility is your kernel or board may have CPU_FREQ related issues and you may want to investigate whether disabling that causes the instability to cease.

Hope that helps.

MathanMurugan
Contributor II

Thank you Jaya Kumar

0 Kudos