How to show in a library project when a symbol is defined in the parent project.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show in a library project when a symbol is defined in the parent project.

ronkreymborg
Contributor I

I have two projects that call on several separate libraries. One of these libraries must be configured slightly different for each project. Currently I use a symbol defined in General/Paths and Symbols for one parent project but not the other and an #ifdef in the library code. This works fine and the particular library is compiled differently for each parent project. However, when viewing the code in the library when one or the other of the parent projects is open, the relevant code within the symbol #ifdef/#endif does not reflect that the symbol is now defined or not. Is there some way I can specify that when viewing code in a library project the editor should reflect whether the symbol is defined in a parent project?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You could try creating a second version of the "problem" library project, which uses "linked resources" to enable it to build the code contained within the original version of that library project. This would then allow you to have the "configuration symbol" within the library project itself (either the original or the new linked version) which should then allow you to see the #ifdef's etc correctly.

For more details see:

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

ronkreymborg
Contributor I

Many thanks. I will give this a try over the next few days. Cheers, Ron

0 Kudos