TDA5051A is worked with short distance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDA5051A is worked with short distance

binhdoan
Contributor I

I have two modules TDA5051A(OM13313 PLC modules ). I setup its at 1200 baud and I only transmit and receive data < 5 meters distance.

- If I setup its in a short distance its work ok, else it has some errors!

Please help me, thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

binhdoan
Contributor I

Hi Tomas Vaverka,

Thank you for your sharing. In my case, I use two OM13313 PLC modules with 8MHZ crystal, so it has 125KHz carrier frequency. I use it in 220V AC, 50Hz, single phase. In my room, I have 5 meters load line. So it is not good for communicate between two modules.

I hope I will receive your reply.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Binh,

We are sorry to hear you are having problems with the OM13313 PLC modules.

We can guarantee that the TDA5051A is useful for powerline communication as this device is used in many applications (emergency lighting, office lighting, etc..) with a distance up to 300 meter.

However, it is difficult to give a comment without the application details (single phase, multi phase, carrier frequency, schematic ...).

One point to check - make sure that you are not trying to communicate between two different phases or load lines without using a phase coupler between load lines.

Attached you will find some documents which I hope are of use to you and help to get your system running.  

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos

binhdoan
Contributor I

Hi, i'm Binh again,

after many testing, i think distance is not important, i think this signal lost because some noise from other machine (computer, monitor, printer...).

i try to connect "point to point" with distance upto 100m is ok, so if have some machine between 2 modules, this signal is noise and amplitude degree.

i try with your algorithms with zero crossing synchronization, so have same problems.

with osciloscope, i see sign out put from module is about 5V p-p, but after transmit (5m distance and 2 computers with monitors in powerline) this signal was only 0.5V p-p.

how far i can transmit ? how many machine on power line can use ? how can use this IC ?

thank, and hope to hear good news from you soon !

Best regards,

Binh

0 Kudos