Build configuration coexistence for both KDS and CW10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build configuration coexistence for both KDS and CW10

diegovalladolid
Contributor II

So far all products developed in the company were based on HS08. At the moment we have several small libraries developed under Code Warrior 10.x. Such projects contain two build configurations: generate static library and generate test application.

For some of our new products we decided to rely on Kinetis KL2x family. This change implies the use of KDS.

The problem we're facing now is that we are unable to add a new build configuration to our libraries so that we can generate a new static lib for the Kinetis family. It seems that the file .cproject (originally configured under CW10) is somehow corrupted after a new Build Configuration for Kinetis is added. After a quick research I could only assert that KDS overwrites some parts of the configuration that makes unreadable for CW. I also tried to create a completely new build configuration from KDS and the add a new one from CW but the result is the same.

Have anyone experienced such problem? Is there a way/hack/workaround to solve the issue?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

I do not recommend to share ".cproject" between KDS and CW, as the the toolchains are configured differently. Keep the projects separated, share C source code only.

Regards,

Marek

0 Kudos

diegovalladolid
Contributor II

Hi Marek,

First off, thank you for your fast response. As you suggested I restructured the project taking as base the skeleton generated by KSDK Project Generator so that it looks like this

project

|-- build

|   |-- CW10

|   |    |-- .project

|   |    |-- .cproject

|   |-- KDS3

|   |    |-- .project

|   |    |-- .cproject

|-- source

|-- include

|-- docs

|-- libs

After adding some virtual folders with all reasources linked and tweaking the build configuration I have been able to compile the project successfully again.

So far so good. The problem I am facing now is that Subversion does not recognize anything but the files under the directory ~/project/build/CW10. I "googled" for a while without any hint to solve this issue. We do not consider the use of Tortoise.

Is there something that I am missing in the Subversive configuration?

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

I'm happy my response helped to resolve your issue.

I do not have any deep expirience with Subversion, so I cannot help with the additional question.

Regards, Marek

0 Kudos