cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found ipu warning

Jump to solution
garyyin
Contributor III

when I run ipu test, input is 1920x1080 raw YUYV 16bit stream, output is 1280x720 RGB888.

(i.mx6solo, linux 3.10.45)

I see lots of:

imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_10 = 0x00080000

and the screen is flickering. Reboot the machine, then run the same app, everything is ok. What's the problem?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary

please try the 'dmfc=3' kernel boot-up command option. This would increase

display FIFO size for display per IPU.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
claymontgomery
Contributor IV

I had this same problem running OpenELEC (Kodi) at 1080p and adding 'dmfc=3' fixed the problem. Sometimes the bootargs can be overridden by the uEnv.txt, so check that it is really set correctly with:

cat  /proc/cmdline

Thanks, Clay

0 Kudos
thomasgrimault
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I have the same problem as Gary, but the dmfc=3 parameter didn't change anything.

I use kernel 3.14.52 on SabreSD-like board, with 1280x720 RGB888 video output as well.

Thomas

0 Kudos
claymontgomery
Contributor IV

Hi Thomas,

How were you playing video when you got these IPU warnings?

Were you using ffmpeg, gstreamer, or what? It seems to be a problem with the IPU's scaler and some apps avoid using the IPU's scaler by using V4L2 instead.

Thanks, Clay

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gary

please try the 'dmfc=3' kernel boot-up command option. This would increase

display FIFO size for display per IPU.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
claymontgomery
Contributor IV

Igor,

Can you please provide a link to a document that explains the use of the dmfc parameter? Would using a value larger than 3 possibly increase the reliability of video play and what is the memory cost of this?

Thanks, Clay

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clay

please refer to attached Release Notes Table 11. Common kernel boot

parameters p.23

Best regards
igor

prateek22
Contributor I
In this release note nxp mentioned that hdmi cannot be configured from kernel under known issue.
0 Kudos