FRDM-K64K - ENET not receiving Messages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64K - ENET not receiving Messages

JHinkle
Senior Contributor I

I'm porting the FreeRtos_IP stack to my K64 board.

I had a different stack running on a K60 TWR several years ago and used pretty much the same ENET driver.

I'm not getting a reply to a DHCP request.

I instrumented the ENET driver to write any outgoing Ethernet packets and all packets received to a SD card.  I'm waiting for my HUB to come in from ebay so I can actually run wireshark and see what's really happening.

The outgoing DHCP is properly formed but all I'm receiving are broadcast packets (I get 12 between the 2 DHCP request packets.

Several years ago on the K60 TWR, I populated IAUR/IALR with a hash generated from the MAC address.

I'm doing that again with the K64 but in researching my issue I looked at several other drivers and noticed no one is setting the IAUR/IALR any more --- just leaving them 0.

I've test both ways with no success.

Does IAUR/IALR still need to have a hash bit set for the units MAC?

Any thoughts on why I'm only receiving broadcast messages and not any for my specific MAC?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Joe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe,

I was wondering if you can illustrate the whole procedure of porting, it can accelerate the investigation of issue.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JHinkle
Senior Contributor I

I turned on Promiscuous mode so that everything would be received (see if the MAC was filtering anything).

No change in behavior.

The only message I would receive to my MAC would be a reply from the DHCP server (my router).

So, can anyone think of a way (without wireshark snooping) to verify if I'm really getting my transmission on the wire?

I get a xmit done interrupt any no errors so I believe it gone ... but if not ... that would be a reason I'm not getting a reply.

Thanks for any comments.

0 Kudos