Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to translate "fuse" parameters to "imxotp" for Secure Boot HAB4

Jump to solution
satyadamarla
Contributor III

Hello Guys,

I have iMX6 Quad processor and want to implement Secure Boot. I am using a bit oldversion of U-boot (2013) supplied by a customer. It doesnt support any of the Secure Boot features but I found a patch and made "imxotp" to work and run in u-boot. But the fuse map values that we get using the SRKTOOL provides it only for the "fuse" command. I tried to get the "fuse" patch to work with my version of u-boot but unfortunately I am not successful. Now, I want to know how to convert the "fuse" command values to "imxotp" values.

Here is the fuse command values and I am looking how I can get the "imxotp" values

hexdump -e '/4 "0x"' -e '/4 "%X""\n"' SRK_1_2_3_4_fuse.bin

0xD2B9E367

0x799AE094

0x89FCCE74

0x69BD3361

0x6E28049D

0x47BD0A4E

0x72DDAAF4

0xCFDADC0D

It goes like "fuse prog 3 0 0xD2B9E367" and "fuse prog 3 1 0x799AE094" ...

Thanks,

Satya

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
satyadamarla
Contributor III

Thanks for the link Igor. I think I solved it and i would like to present the answer so that other may correct it. If its right, others may use it:

Each bank has eight words (0 to 7). The fuse values for storing the certificate data start at bank 3 which is the fourth bank. The banks actually start at 0 (zero), which means the index for bank 3 starts at 0x18 (8+8+8+8 = 24): Therefore, the same using imxotp command is as follows.

imxotp blow --force 0x18 0xD2B9E367 and so on.

Alles Gute,

Satya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
satyadamarla
Contributor III

Thanks for the link Igor. I think I solved it and i would like to present the answer so that other may correct it. If its right, others may use it:

Each bank has eight words (0 to 7). The fuse values for storing the certificate data start at bank 3 which is the fourth bank. The banks actually start at 0 (zero), which means the index for bank 3 starts at 0x18 (8+8+8+8 = 24): Therefore, the same using imxotp command is as follows.

imxotp blow --force 0x18 0xD2B9E367 and so on.

Alles Gute,

Satya

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satya

for imxotp usage one can look at

Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE?

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos