lpcware

Problem with LPCXpresso Display of NVIC Registers

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sal Ammoniac on Sun Sep 21 09:52:16 MST 2014
I have LPCXpresso 7.3.0, an LPC-Link 2, and a LPC4357 board.

I write to the NVIC NVIC_IPR0-NVIC_IPRxx registers to set interrupt priority of the peripherals (SSP, I2C, etc.) I use. When I look at the NVIC registers by selecting "NVIC" from the "Peripherals" window, it appears that most of the IPR registers that I set are still zero. Some of them, however, do reflect what I wrote. If I right-click and select "refresh", the registers do not change and several of them still display "0" despite being written with another value.

If I programatically read back the IPR registers, they do reflect the values that I wrote to them, so I know that I'm writing them correctly -- LPCXpresso is just not displaying them correctly.

The same issue applies to the System Handler Priority registers. I write them to set the interrupt priority of the Systick and PendSV interrupts, yet when I look at those registers with LPCXpresso, I can see that only the register corresponding to PendSV shows the value I wrote to it -- the register for Systick still displays "0" even though I've verified that the value I wrote is actually set.

Is this a known problem? When is it going to be fixed?

Outcomes