Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp for non-OS?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by karuna on Wed Feb 23 08:18:03 MST 2011
Hi

I am using LPCXpresso board and want to run a FTP client for transferring  files in MMC/SD card to PC through Ethernet. For FTP , it needs  two ports to be connected to FTP server..
Am using TCP/IP stack which comes with webserver example. Is it possible to open two ports  at a time.. I tried but its not working.

Is there any sample program or tutorial for FTP client for microcontrollers which can work without OS?
or any alternative protocols?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nagaraj.baddi on Thu Oct 24 05:20:01 MST 2013
Hi

I am also working for same things, i tried with TCP/IP stack which comes with webserver example but its not working. If solved this please share the sample example.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jharwood on Thu Feb 24 19:03:23 MST 2011
An FTP client on an embedded system with, say, uIP and no OS is certainly possible, but a fair amount of work. A lot depends on the nature of your micro controller's application in relation to how much of the FTP client-side protocol you need to implement.

As an alternative, have you considered using the much simpler TFTP protocol? I posted a TFTP boot loader project here recently. The client only implements reading a file from the server, but it could easily be extended to support writing files.
0 Kudos