cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso error programming

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by teslabox on Sun Nov 27 07:49:20 MST 2011
Hello everyone,

I have been using an LPCXpresso program v3.6.2 [Build 279] [29/01/2011] for very long time and something happened wrong last time when I tried use it again. After building my program in C code, my LPCXpresso program shows an error window at very beginning of “Program Flash” action to the LPCXpresso LPC1769. The error consists of: “02: Failed on connect: Ee(02). Not connected to emulator.” I guess that it is something wrong with physical connection between programmer and microcontroller but it is impossible because it is an original one-part board consists of programmer and microcontroller. 

I connect my LPCXpresso board to the computer thru USB cabel which always worked but I also tried use other USB cables and there is no positive results of these changes. For tests I also use other LPCXpresso LPC1769 board (the second one which  I have) and the error still appears during “Program Flashing”.

For more tests I used my board with the LPC1768 (board calls EM-LPC1700, manufactured by embest co.) there is a JTAG 10-pin ARM connector (like on a

LPXXpresso board) and I connected this board to LPC-Link programmer thru my (DIY) 10-pin cabel, changed target from LPC1769 to LPC1768 and I did the same – pressed “Program Flash” button – the same again (the error). For extra more test I installed LPCXpresso program on three different computers (1 x Windows XP SP3, 2 x Widows 7), I activated them and I tried all those combinations of boards, microcontrollers and USB cables but the error didn’t disappear.

Now I don’t know what to do. If someone has or had this problem and solved it well, let me know the solution please. I will be very grateful for this.

Best regards,
Kuba
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by teslabox on Tue Nov 29 06:34:56 MST 2011
So, I connected my LPC17xx thru ISP via UART0 and erase all flash memory using Magic Flash and everything is OK now.

Thanks a lot for Your help.
Best regards.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Nov 27 09:52:29 MST 2011
#1 Please use Debug 'Project' instead of Program Flash :)

#2 If both methods are failing, you have a major problem and should use FlashMagic to erase your board with ISP via UART.

See: http://www.flashmagictool.com/
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by teslabox on Sun Nov 27 09:29:39 MST 2011
I connected pin P2.10 to the GROUND (on the LPCXpresso LPC1769: J6-51(P2.10) to J6-54 (GND)) and then I pluged in USB cable to the computer and pressed "Program FLash" - a new error appears: "02: Failed on connect: Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable."
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Nov 27 09:13:01 MST 2011
[INDENT]ISP means grounding ISP pin to start bootloader (via UART). That's a reliable method to get your MCU in a stable environment because
ROM bootloader code is loaded and your (possibly) wrong flash code isn't executed. So just ground P2.10 and try to download your program :)[/INDENT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by teslabox on Sun Nov 27 09:01:55 MST 2011
I updated my LPCXpresso to v4.1 and I switched on vector catch in the "Debugger" tab, set the "Vector catch" entry to true.

Switch to ISP - you mean to do this?:

Quote: code red

The first thing to try with NXP LPC MCU's to recover debug access is to  boot into the ISP bootloader. That is, GND the ISP pin, assert RST, then  remove the GND to ISP pin. Once in the ISP bootloader, the target clock  configuration is stable, and the debug pins are in their default state -  you should be able to connect.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Nov 27 08:15:59 MST 2011
#1 Please update your LPCXpresso to V4.1, that working more reliable :)

#2 Then switch on vector catch and switch to ISP :eek:

See: http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip
0 Kudos