Stellaris JTAG/SWD-Adapter BD-ICDI-B with NXP ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stellaris JTAG/SWD-Adapter BD-ICDI-B with NXP ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by And on Fri Oct 21 00:10:23 MST 2011
Hi guys,

I have here a BD-ICDI-B JTAG/SWD adapter PCB that came with my TI-Stellaris Evaluationboard.
I was wondering if I could use that adapter to programm and debug also NXP-ARM-Cores - in this case the LPC11C22. Would that work?

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by And on Fri Oct 21 02:41:30 MST 2011

Quote: Zero
...and  connect it to something else :)

Do you have any idea, who could tell me, if the "something else" could also be my steallris USB-debugger? :D
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Fri Oct 21 02:18:11 MST 2011

Quote: And
LCPXpresso is an IDE that supports debugging and it  comes with an USB-Debug-Board that has a target (a µC) integrated on the  right side of the PCB.

LPCXpresso = LPC-Link + target board

You can separate them and use LPC-Link to program / debug your own hardware via SWD :eek:

See: http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?t=635

Asumming I get that thing: Is it possible to use it with IAR (without a  big hazzle) or do I have to use the LPCXpresso IDE

LPC-Link isn't working with other IDE's except LPCXpresso. Of course  you can separate the target board (which is just a LPC11C24) and  connect it to something else :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by And on Fri Oct 21 01:59:16 MST 2011
I watched the LCPXpresso-Overview-Video this morning (http://ics.nxp.com/lpcxpresso/)

What I (think I) got from that was:
LCPXpresso is an IDE that supports debugging and it comes with an USB-Debug-Board that has a target (a µC) integrated on the right side of the PCB. I guessed, that I have to connect the debuging-side with the target-side with some kind of cable or plug.
I can use my own target-boards with it. I guess it will only work with target-boards featuring NXP-µCs :)

Am I right with that? Or am I completely confused, already?:(

Quote:
What's wrong with LPCXpresso11C24 :confused:

I was just blind. Haven't seen that. Sorry. :o
Asumming I get that thing: Is it possible to use it with IAR (without a big hazzle) or do I have to use the LPCXpresso IDE
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Fri Oct 21 01:55:10 MST 2011
Sorry, can't answer that since I don't use IAR any more. Perhaps it's a good idea to ask that in an IAR forum :)

Or here:

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/235820
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by And on Fri Oct 21 01:36:57 MST 2011
Hey Zero,
thanks again.
ok, I forgot to mention, that I am a newbie ;). But I guess you already figured that out :D.
I thougt that the JTAG/SWD-Board is the debugger itself.
And I also thougt, that for debugging I could use the IAR workbench that I am using right now for the Stellaris (because this works well for inline-debugging).

That won't work with NXP-Cores?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Fri Oct 21 01:13:48 MST 2011

...Maybe this is a missunderstanding, I was wondering if I could get around using LPCXpresso at all.

No, no misunderstanding :)

Don't know how familiar you are with LPC11xx and CAN and this stuff, but I would recommend to use an environment which is able to support you with a debugger.
Otherwise you could waste a lot of time... 

For the LPC11C22 there is no target board...

What's wrong with LPCXpresso11C24 :confused:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by And on Fri Oct 21 01:02:31 MST 2011
Thanks, Zero. Maybe this is a missunderstanding, I was wondering if I could get around using LPCXpresso at all.
For the LPC11C22 there is no target board, so I have to build one myself anyway. And I thought it would be handy to use only one debugging/programming device.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Fri Oct 21 00:58:16 MST 2011
LPCXpresso isn't supporting other tool than LPC-link. So you would lose the debugger :mad:
I don't know what's possible with other JTAG/SWD, but if you are planning to work with this chips I would strongly recommend to use an IDE with full debugger support :)
0 Kudos