LPCXpresso import incompatible with WIN 7 64Bit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso import incompatible with WIN 7 64Bit?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by StephenHawkings on Fri Oct 28 04:47:32 MST 2011
Dear Collegues,
since a few days I own a new computer with Windows 7 64Bit Professional edition. I installed LPCXpresso 4.1.0 and now face the problem, that I can not import anything at all. Independent of, to import just a single file, or a complete project, I get as a result unwanted, super-long pathes. The path copies itself again and again into the path. Now I have this:

"C:\Test\_NXP_LPC1100_Examples_V2.0\_NXP_LPC1100_Examples_V2.0\_NXP_LPC1100_Examples_V2.0\_NXP_LPC1100_Examples_V2.0\_NXP_LPC1100_Examples_V2.0..........."

And of course, it's not possible to delete it. Only with Linux-CDROM or other foreign tools I can delete this path.

Does anybody have a clue, how to solve this trouble?

Best regards!
StephenHawkings.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by StephenHawkings on Sat Oct 29 01:20:32 MST 2011
Today I tried again, and I was able to import 4 different projects without any trouble. The "trouble-maker" project, too. Also, I imported different single files to different projects and workspaces. All works fine. I started all my other software which I'm using usually, and still I can not reproduce the super-long pathes. Three days ago, my collegue from IT department needed to use a Linux-CDROM to catch and delete the super-long path. Today all works fine. Computer-world is really strange sometimes. Hopefully, my issue is solved.
Best regards!
StephenHawkings.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Oct 28 15:44:51 MST 2011
Hi

We use Win64 for development and have not seen this problem. Can you tell us *exactly* how to reproduce? Please include the installation location for your product and the full path to your workspace. We need to try and reproduce your exact scenario.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by StephenHawkings on Fri Oct 28 11:35:50 MST 2011
Just tried to import a single file; whole project; both result in a super-long path. Seems to me "Import" has a problem. I use Win 7 Prof. SP1.
SH
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Fri Oct 28 08:24:51 MST 2011
Can you explain what it is you are doing? I have been using LPCXpresso on Win64 for over a year and never had any such problem.
0 Kudos