Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC- Link not initializing in Windows 8.1

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ahnatiw on Fri Jan 10 13:04:34 MST 2014
HI Everyone, Happy New Year

I recently purchased the LCP1769 prototype board which has the integrated LPC-Link

I have tried to start a debug session with LPCXpresso (tried all three v6 releases that are on the website),tried various USB ports, but no success.

I have also tried HID version, and the WinUSB version, no success.

I have installed the Mac OSX version and was able to start debugging straight off - so the board and cable check out.

Here are the dialog boxes that come up and the log file.

Not sure what to try.... suggestions welcomed.

Thanks for help.

Al

Original Attachment has been moved to: dfuApp186667430298811979%20log.txt.zip

0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by graham on Thu Mar 31 10:41:11 MST 2016
I had similar problem. My setup: Windows 10 x64 + ASUS x99 Deluxe U3.1 motherboard + LPCXpresso 1769 board Rev.B.

After inserting and extracting the LPC-Link USB plug the "USB Device with DFU Capabilities" device was still staying under "Device manager" in Windows. The entire USB stack was freezing after that.

I spend 1 day trying different USB ports, installing the latest chipset drivers, etc. with no luck.

SOLUTION:
- uninstall ASUS AISuite3.
- reboot

Thanks ahnatiw!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ahnatiw on Sun Jan 12 09:19:31 MST 2014
I tried one more thing.

I have a Corsair H100i cpu water cooler and it is plugged into an internal usb 2 port on the motherboard.

I uninstalled the Corsair driver and application.

I also uninstalled the ASUS AI suite. (just for good measure --> have read in can cause problems too).

Rebooted,
   launched the latest version of LPCXpresso,
       hit debug and boom,

IT WORKS!

Have a great day!

Al
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sun Jan 12 02:11:56 MST 2014
There have been some reports of problems on some USB3 ports, but these have tended to be that the device is not recognised, rather than anything more serious. In every instance this has been resolved by plugging into USB2 ports.

We supply two alternative device drivers for LPC-Link - HID and WinUSB. Both use Microsoft written/supplied device drivers. If your USB subsystem dies after booting LPCXpresso, this implies there is something wrong with your system.

One other thing you could try is boot using HID rather than WinUSB:
bootlpcxpresso hid

If that fails also, I suggest you take a serious look at the hardware and software configuration of your PC. We have many customers who are using Win8/8.1 with LPC-Link successfully (and is also part of a our test infrastructure here at LPCXpresso towers).

p.s. We have already fixed the bootLPCXpresso command to take account of Win8.1 and this will be released very shortly.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ahnatiw on Sat Jan 11 09:19:19 MST 2014
Freshly reboot OS.

Plugged in board, in device manager --> USB Controllers --> "USB Device with DFU Capabilities" is listed

in CMD window, type "boolpcxpresso" --> Not supported on this platform is echoed

in CMD window, type boolpcxpresso winusb  --> Booting LPC-Link with LPCXpressoWIN.enc  --> press any key to continue

Nothing shows up in the device manager

After that, the usb ports are now not function properly , i.e. try to insert a flash drive and nothing happens

Looks like something is crashing the USB controller or something....
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Jan 11 03:17:54 MST 2014
Using the latest release (6.1.2) can you try booting from the command line:

cd (install)\lpcxpresso\bin\scripts
bootlpcxpresso

Then take a look in Device Manager to see if LPCLink appears.

Also, make sure you are using a USB2 ports and not USB3.
0 Kudos