Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on programming target ucontroller

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nelmak on Mon Sep 03 15:52:50 MST 2012
Hi,

I have a question on programming a target microcontroller before I create the PCB. How does the flash programming from the JTAG pins to a target microcontroller work?

The way I understand it is that you have to create the target PCB board with the 10 JTAG pinouts and connect them via wires to the LPC-Link JTAG pinouts. How do I proceed from here?

I understand that there is a GUI flash programming tool in the IDE. If i set the target to LPC1227 and both my target board has an LPC1227 and custom target board have an LPC1227, will it program both boards?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nelmak on Fri Sep 07 12:11:33 MST 2012
Ok, so just create some holes and wire them to the LPC-Link when I want to program them.

Thanks for the info
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Fri Sep 07 11:21:42 MST 2012

Quote:

I see, so if I create a custom PCB board with an LPC1227. I just have to have 4 JTAG pins connecting to their respective ports and then connect them to the corresponding pins on the LPC-Link after removing the base board?
Then I can use the GUI program flash to program the custom board, right?

No, you have to connect 2 SWD pins, Reset and GND. That's not JTAG ;)
Then you can use LPCXpresso Debugger or Flash Tool or command line tool for your own self powered board :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nelmak on Fri Sep 07 10:09:55 MST 2012
I see, so if I create a custom PCB board with an LPC1227. I just have to have 4 JTAG pins connecting to their respective ports and then connect them to the corresponding pins on the LPC-Link after removing the base board?

Then I can use the GUI program flash to program the custom board, right?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Sep 03 16:24:31 MST 2012
We are talking about SWD :)

A working LPC-Link SWD for LPC11.. / LPC12.. / LPC13.. / LPC17.. is a simple 4-wire connection:

Reset
    SWDCLK
    SWDIO
    GND

Picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58892165@N08/5406234290/

You can't program / debug  2 targets at the same time, so the usual way to use LPC-Link is to separate the target board ;)
0 Kudos