cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02: Failed on connect: Em(12)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by maxlobovsky on Thu Jun 24 13:26:46 MST 2010
I am trying to use an LPC-Link to program a custom board via a two wire Serial Wire Debug connection with an LPC1313 on it and I am receiving an error

Quote:
02: Failed on connect: Em(12). System rejected access at location 0xE00FFFF4 - verify Population of memory and peripherals

The address in question varies.

I have successfully programed a very similar previous version of this board, but this one is giving me this error.  Does this suggest glitchy communications on the SWD connection? I'm gonna try to put a scope on the SWD signals.  Any other suggestions for what to look for?

Thanks,
Max
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by maxlobovsky on Thu Jun 24 14:00:36 MST 2010
I believe I discovered a solution, though I don't fully understand the problem.  Adding some capacitance to ground to the SWD lines allows it to program correctly.  Simply touching the lines with my hand causes it to program reliably.  I could just add some small (~500pF) capacitors from the lines to ground at the programmer, but this seems like a bad idea.  Any suggestions?
0 Kudos